1 October 08
- Woke to throbbing pain in head. Sinus pressure is bad.
- Thank goodness for cereal. Bran flakes it is again!
- Blog reading.
- Fern informs me of a dead Barred Rock.
- Send out Head-Strong/Farm boy to retrieve said bird.
- Console Fern.
- Whine to Miriam about dead chicken.
- Started research for King Arthur Studies.
- Coordinate studies for all four kids.
- Start kids on school.
- Get dressed, make coffee.
- Out of creamer! Ack!
- Darling has my car. No way to get more creamer.
- Creamer-less state is maddening.
- Make tea.
- Mediate hair pulling between sisters.
- Separate sisters.
- Dole out more school work.
Character Trait~ Attentiveness
King Arthur, Beowulf, Early days of Britain & Geography of Britain, Mythology
Geography song : The British Isles
- Dissension in the ranks.
- Break for lunch. Reheat Minestrone, toast bagels.
- Hubby calls, he is off early. Thank goodness. Bring the creamer, baby!
- Head- Strong dances into the kitchen, simultaneously pushing past me, bumping into island table on which was balanced my best/favourite piece of Vintage Pyrex from last nights dinner. A huge smashing and staring. H-S stammers that... it wasn't HIS fault HE didn't do that, to which I replied "This is not your freak out! This is MY freak out! Go to your room!"
- Segue into nap time/free reading.
- Cry to Miriam.
- Cry in my soup for a minute.
- Hubby arrives just in time for the Pyrex clean up. H-S is convinced I made dad come home to deal with the situation. LOL!
- Decide to save pieces of broken Pyrex for making Byzantine Mosaics tomorrow.
- Accept appologies from eldest, he offers to buy me a new pan. Have discussion on what Vintage and Screaming deal of the century mean.
- Help Hubb's with outside chores, preparing for rain.
- Kids ride bikes.
- Make Biscuits and Sausage Gravy for dinner.
- At dinner youngest son says after eating two plates full: I am so stuffed, it was all my own fault. I have no one to blame but my self..... What??? :)
- Clean up.
- Get ready for bed.
- Reading in bed.
- Tuck in kiddo's.
- Hubb's is beat off, to bed he goes. I think he's getting the funk!
- Reading The Homestead Kitchen & Cellar, Gilmore
- Read blogs/research King Arthur till....11 pm.
- Stumble off to bed.