{What is all the calamity about?}

{Farm Life} ....... {Art} ...... {Learning} ...... {Motherhood} ......{The Story of Us}

Joy Rush

My farm sweet friend found this great blog, So, the thing is, that challenges us all to take a minute and reflect on those little joys in our life. Thank you Barb, for inspiring such a lovely list.


Here is just a small sampling of mine.






For me there is nothing like finding the first blossoms of spring. When the apples bloom I am assured that God has yet again, brought forth new life.






There is no greater joy than lying on my back in the sand, watching the kids blow bubbles; the peaceful feeling of watching the bubbles drift up to heaven, the children laughing and giddy.






Everything about this makes me happy. Cakes made from scratch, fresh strawberries sprinkled with sugar, real whipped cream made in my new KitchenAid, all lovingly served on my brown transferware.





Blue skies.





Snow ball fights in June.





Watching my kids work hard on their studies. Teaching them myself, is an amazing gift. It brings a smile to my face every time I see my twelve year old crack open his High School Biology book. Seeing his wonder and excitement brings me a great big joy rush.






Building Sandcastles at the beach. Could life get any more perfect? I love to watch the kids rush for water to fill the moat, returning to find the last bucketful has disappeared. The sadness in their faces, when the waves wash their masterpiece out to sea, replaced with the hope of Sandcastles to come; pure heaven.




What is your joy rush?



13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you made me cry. I kept wanting to say, "Me, too!!" Love your photos. You should send me your address and I'll send you a book --you don't have to read it if you don't want. Loved everything about this.

    Thanks for playing,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, friend, you never let on you had so much good photography in your stash. I am super blessed by your post.

    PS you rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? .....

    I won?!

    O' that is sahweet!

    Do a little dance! Whoot, whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post, I loved everything and they all bring me joy too! I suppose I'd better find my secret stash of pictures (wishing I had one!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send me your address so I can send you my book. My e-mail address is barb@sothethingis.com

    Also, the way I lerned to knit socks is by following a tutorial I found on-line. It's called Silver's Sock Class and it's really amazing.http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Start.htm

    And now that's all I want to knit! I'm addicted. I joined a socknitters group on Yahoo--which has 11,000 members and that's all we do, talk about knitting socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet another homeschooler. Wandered over here from Barb's blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason I feel like knitting socks. But, maybe I'll just do some joy rushing instead. I mean rushing off to joy, I mean... well whatever. I'm workin' on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am late catching up on everything. Of course yours was THE FIRST Blog I came to devour, at one in the morning... I was NOT sorry! I have missed you!!! :) Beautiful KL... Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a secret fantasy to be a farmer. I went out and accidently bought the two books "One Acre and Security" and "Five Acres and Independence" without realizing they're almost the same.

    I also love Mary Jane Butters and believe that I'm secretly on a secluded patch of land, even though my growing things consists of container gardening for the moment.

    As for all the knitting comments, Barb once referred me to the knitting site and I've yet to work up the courage to try it. My only knitting was started by my mom and after my kids pulled my needles out, I haven't been able to start again. One of these days, I'm going to join in the fun. I aspire to knitting mittens, just because it sounds so cool to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the laughter of my little children... they're comical sense of humor ... watching them with their daddy!

    What a lovely post!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list. I so wish it wasn't raining cats and dogs here right now! Because my favorite thing is to eat KFC in the park with my kids on a warm evening. I need SUN! Send some my way?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Barb for the link, I will keep you posted on how I do.

    Chickie, bring it on!

    Misty, you know that I cried when I read your comment. Thanks, friend.

    Ck holder, thanks for stopping in. I too have wanted to knit mittens, but have not had the fortitude to see it to fruition.
    The kids pulled my knitting off the needles too.

    Amydeanne, your list is beautiful. Thanks for playing along.

    Tricki Nicki, thanks for dropping by. I just have to say this, I just LOVE the background paper on your blog.
    O' I would love to be eating KFC in the park right now. But no, it had to rain. It is raining buckets here too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really felt this post deserved a Comment #13. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments RULE! Spammers drool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...